These days the sounds of bubblegum rock fill my Escape.
And for me, there is no escape.
Here's pretty much how every car ride plays out:
I get Zach buckled into his car seat and I turn on the ignition.
Then I cross my fingers, hoping he doesn't notice the song that's on the radio, which is usually tuned to classic rock or oldies.
Inevitably, Zach notices.
"Hannah?" he asks, and I comply, popping in his favorite CD.
"Mommy loud," he says.
I turn up the volume a little bit.
"Mommy loouud," he demands.
I turn the volume up a little more.
"Mommy loouuuuuud!!!!" he screams until I turn it up to a nearly earsplitting level.
And then Zach starts singing.
And I start singing.
And then Zach starts beat boxing.
And I start, er . . . well, I continue singing.
And we're rocking out.
Who cares if it's to Hannah Montana.
We're having a ball!
Zach shows off his beat-boxing skills
as he rocks out to Hannah Montana's

No comments:
Post a Comment