Whether it's a toy store grand opening or a kiddie party at the local amusement park, you can pretty much count on an appearance by Elmo _ unless Spongebob gets the gig first.
Not too long ago Zach and I (Mommy) were at the mall when who should show up at the opening of a new cell phone kiosk (this is an event?) but Elmo.
After that whenever we went to the mall, Zach would associate going there with seeing Elmo.
"Melmo? Melmo?" he'd inquire on the car rides down.
But his excitement would quickly be replaced by disappointment when Elmo wouldn't be there to greet him.
"Melmo? Melmo?" he'd inquire on the car rides down.
But his excitement would quickly be replaced by disappointment when Elmo wouldn't be there to greet him.
So when I found out Elmo was going to be making an appearance at a local toy store I made a mental note of the date and time.
The big day came and Zach was all smiles, giving Elmo hugs and high-fives and getting his picture taken.
Then I made the mistake of taking Zach to the mall later in the day.
As I carried Zach up the sidewalk to the mall entrance, the lure of a peanut butter and chocolate smoothie from Frulatti beckoning, my heart sank as I heard him utter the dreaded word:
"Melmo?"

No comments:
Post a Comment